Ketonal forte tablets 100mg №20
Description for Ketonal forte tablets 100mg №20
NSAIDs, a derivative of propionic acid. Has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect. The mechanism of action associated with inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis at the level of cyclooxygenase. In addition, ketoprofen inhibits lipoxygenase, has antibradikininovoy activity, stabilizes lysosomal membranes, causing significant inhibition of neutrophil activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Pronounced analgesic effect of ketoprofen is due to two mechanisms: peripheral (indirectly, via suppression of prostaglandin synthesis) and central (due to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis in the central and peripheral nervous system).
When ingestion of ketoprofen quickly and adequately absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Bioavailability exceeds 90%. Cmax plasma levels reached after 1-2 h.
Binding to plasma proteins is 99%, primarily to albumin. Ketoprofen penetrates well into synovial fluid and connective tissue. Significant levels of concentration in the synovial fluid is achieved within 15 min after a single i / m injection of 100 mg of ketoprofen. Although the concentrations of ketoprofen in the synovial fluid is slightly lower than in plasma, they are more stable (stored 6-8 h). Ketoprofen practically does not penetrate the BBB.
Metabolism and Elimination
Ketoprofen is mainly metabolized in the liver.
T1 / 2 of ketoprofen - 1.6-1.9 h. Write the kidneys, less than 1% - with the feces.
For systemic use:
- Relief of pain of various origins (including post-operative pain, pain in bone metastases, post-traumatic pain, algomenorrhea, ishalgiya, sciatica);
- Symptomatic treatment of inflammatory, inflammatory, degenerative and metabolic diseases of the joints (including rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis, osteoarthritis, gouty arthritis);
- Extraarticular rheumatism (including tendonitis, bursitis, capsulitis).
For external use only:
- Symptomatic treatment of inflammatory and inflammatory-degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system (including arthritis, periarthritis, synovitis, tendonitis, bursitis);
- Uncomplicated injury (including contusions, strains, sprains, post-traumatic pain and swelling);
- Phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, lymphangitis.
Advised to take the drug at 1 capsule. morning and afternoon, and 2 caps. - In the evening, or on a table. forte 3 times a day, or 1 tab. ointment 1-2 times a day. Suppositories appoint 1-2 units / day. If necessary, possibly combined use of medicines. The maximum daily dose is 300 mg.
Capsules and tablets should be taken with food.
Injectable solution is administered / m 2 ml 1-2 times / day.
The cream is applied with a thin layer 3-4 times daily, long-rubbing.
From the digestive system: 3-9% - nausea, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, dyspepsia phenomena; 1-3% - anorexia, vomiting, stomatitis.
CNS: headache (1-3%), dizziness, drowsiness, mood changes.
Allergic reactions: itching, erythema, skin rash.
Local reaction: the application of candles - burning sensation, itching in the anus.
Other: in some cases - visual disturbances, liver function and kidney failure, tinnitus.
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer in acute phase;
- Severe liver damage;
- Severe renal dysfunction;
- III trimester of pregnancy;
- Lactation (breastfeeding);
- Children up to age 14 years;
- Proctitis (suppository);
- Weeping dermatitis, eczema, infected wounds (cream);
- Hypersensitivity to ketoprofen, and salicylate.
Pregnancy and lactation
Safety of ketoprofen in pregnancy and lactation has not been investigated.
Application ketonal I and II trimesters of pregnancy is possible only if the potential benefit to the mother outweigh the risks to the fetus. Application ketonal in the III trimester of pregnancy (especially after 36 weeks) is not recommended because of possible influence on the tone of the uterus.
If necessary, use ketonal during lactation should decide the issue of termination of breastfeeding.
With carefully administered medication for stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers, and gastrointestinal bleeding history, kidney or liver failure.
Keep in mind that ketoprofen may mask the symptoms of infectious diseases.
Patients taking the time to Ketonalom indirect anticoagulants and drugs lithium, should be under medical supervision.
Currently, cases of drug overdose ketonal were reported.
While the application ketonal and diuretics increases the risk of renal failure.
While the application ketonal enhances the effect of indirect anticoagulants and drugs lithium.
Conditions and terms of
Tablets, capsules, creams, suppositories should be stored at temperatures not above 25 ° C. Shelf life - 5 years.
Injection solution should be stored at a temperature of 15 ° to 30 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.
To the top of
The drug in the form of capsules, tablets, forte, coated tablets retard, solution for injection and suppositories prescription.
The drug in the form of a cream 5% is permitted for use as a means OTC.